Mikrotex® ePTFE Filter Bags
Mikrotex® is a surface filtration ePTFE membrane, laminated onto a variety of substrates. It acts as a primary dustcake requiring no precoat before or during operation. By limiting fine particle penetration, Mikrotex preserves the filter substrate's integrity, maintaining design airflow at a reduced pressure drop than conventional media.
Mikrotex® membrane is available for pulse-jet, plenum-pulse, reverse air, and shaker bag filters.
Mikrotex ePTFE Membrane filter media exceeds all of the current federal and state particulate emission regulations, and offers the following:
- Superior Emissions Control: The ability to meet increasingly strict emission regulations.
- Low Operating Differential Pressure: The differential pressure starts low and reamins relatively constant over the life of the filter bags.
- Higher Air Flows: Lower differential pressure means more airflow can be put through the bags at the same fan capacity.
- Improved Filter Life: The non-stick ePTFE surface promotes dust cake release thereby reducing the required cleaning energy and frequency. Less wear and tear on the filter bags and claening mechanism means longer service life.
- Ability to recover from upset conditions: Membrane filter bags can recover from most process upsets easier than conventional media.
- Cost-Effective Filter Media Selection: While the initial cost of Mikrotex® ePTFE membrane filter bags may be higher than conventional filter media, it is often the most cost effective filter bag choice when all factors are considered.